Vivian G Paley ( audio )
1. Can you share with our readers what prompted you to become an early childhood educator?
2. Your wonderful books on your classroom experiences with young children show what an excellent observer of children you are. Can you talk about the specifics of how you managed to do this while teaching?
3. Can you tell us about some of the most memorable events that you have had in your classroom and what you took away from these?
4. What will happen if that is cut out of classrooms?
5. In your estimation what are the most important aspects of early childhood education?
6. What particular qualities then should school districts look for in potential early childhood teachers?