Linda Darling-Hammond Interview (audio)
1. From the perspective of what you’ve called the “blueprint for great schools” and your extensive involvement in educational policy issues, how do you envision what the best possible ways are for integrating professional learning into the lives of teachers and school leaders?
2. Can you describe an example of such an initiative that you are aware of?
3. Where do you feel the responsibility for excellent professional learning lies in the educational system?
4. Do you have any examples where parents have been involved in professional learning that you think are exemplary?
5. How were they initially engaged in wanting to become part of this? How did that outreach happen?
6. Many professionals feel that professional learning is often avoided by those who might need it most. How can this be rectified?
7. What’s your vision for education in the next decade?
8. What do you think the biggest hurdles will be?