Noel Burke Interview (video)
1. You have been a long-time advocate for initiatives that link education and community. Can you talk about when you realized this passion and what contributed to it?
2. Can we talk about one or two of the projects in some detail that you’ve been involved in that were very interesting to you?
3. What factors in your experience have to be in place for linking education and community and for making such initiatives successful? What’s behind all that?
4. What challenges do educators and community partners face when embarking on collaborative endeavour? Let’s say you’ve convinced them to do it, but now you want to operationalize it. What are the next hurdles or challenges that occur?
5. What recommendations do you have for young professors who wish to get involved in community-based work that will be relevant to their careers in their educational posts?