Joyce Epstein Interview (audio)
1. How would you define “school, parent, and community partnerships"?
2. How did you become interested and committed to the development of school, family, and community partnerships?
3. Can you talk about the model you have developed, a very interesting model I might add, to support student success in schools using school, family, and community partnerships?
4. You have identified key areas of involvement. Can you talk about these?
5. You’ve made the point about the need for action teams. Can you talk a little bit about that?
6. You’ve also talked about the utmost importance of including an evaluation dimension to the work. Can you talk a little bit about that?
7. Can you give some examples of evaluations that get done in these instances? What do the tools look like?
8. Can you describe one interesting partnership, how it developed, and the successes that were gleaned from it?
9. What are some of the challenges that recur over time for schools embarking on these kinds of actions and activities?
10. Do you have recommendations for schools wishing to embark on this kind of work?