Sophie Hillcoat Interview ( video )
1. Can you tell us when and how you first became interested in poetry?
2. How long have you been writing poetry?
3. Can you share with us how you get an idea for a poem and then how you actually create the poem?
4. When you create a poem, what do you do?
5. What do you do with your poems after you write them?
6. What is it about poetry that you particularly like?
7. What would you suggest to a friend if she wanted to start writing poetry?
8. What would you suggest to teachers to get students writing poetry?
9. You spoke about involving your friends in your poetry writing. Can you explain why that is helpful and important?
10. The Messenger: A poem by Sophie Hillcoat